Tuesday, June 17, 2008

graduation photos

So I finally, finally graduated... when the Div School Ph.D. folks were standing around before the ceremony in the blessedly air-conditioned gym, we compared notes - of the six of us, one took six years to finish the Ph.D., I was second with eight years, and the sixth guy took fourteen years. Boggle.

But here are some photos, all courtesy of Aunt Sara, several reflecting Peter's fervant wish to not have his picture taken, one reflecting my total dorkiness in teh Big Fancy Gown of Hotness (heat, not cuteness). My favorite moment during the whole thing was as we processed out, and families were lined up on both sidewalks as we walked down the street in the quads, I scooped Peter up and Grace scooted out to join us, so I got to process in this very formal and stately ceremony holding both kids by the hand. The faculty member in front of me (not someone I know) turned around to say, "Triple congratulations to you!" - meaning, the degree and both kids. It was sweet.





No comments: