Thursday, August 14, 2008

The best euphanism *ever*

So, Mama started work today, and it involved lots of coffee and numerous short meetings all in the same room and a very mediocre lunch. But also, it involved a description of students who are just generally acting out - drinking, I suppose, and maybe some fighting or sleeping past noon or refusing to go to class or other kinds of non-Lutheran behavior - and the Person in Charge of Stuff Like That called this "showing value differences," as in, when students are behaving badly and not fitting in to college and are expressing their general distaste for the way things are done here, they are showing value differences, and we need to be concerned and tell them not to drink so much or they'll flunk out of college. Or something like that.

But I did get my computer, and I got my ID (the picture on which looks more flattering than below, what with the rabbit ears, but still a little dorky, but which entitles me to a free membership at the Y local to the school). And tomorrow involves more meetings, about Important Things no doubt, and I'm going to try to sneak in a run beforehand because there's bound to be a lotta sitting.

1 comment:

Annette said...

Non-Lutheran Behavior. Hee.

Happy first and second days!