Monday, July 28, 2008

Having moved, now we rest.

We got to the point in the unpacking where I spent an hour or so pulling weeds today in the front yard. Note to the uninitiated: morning glories? Are danged persistant. I even found one long vine of them entwined around another weed. When your weeds have weeds, you know you've just bought a house where no one liked to weed. Or something. We're tired and a little cranky and just got our Internets back, so there's this big backlog of garden photos and random observations that I'll have to spool out over the next few days. One bitty one now: the best bit of dialogue from the whole move -

Mike: [in Omaha] Have you seen the piece of paper with the code on it for paying the movers? I think I saw it next to a shampoo bottle, sitting on the edge of the car trailer. In Illinois.

Me: Um... is it in the orange plastic pumpkin, the Halloween one, in the trunk of the Volvo?

[seconds pass]

Mike: Yep, there it is! Damn!

Me: I knew it was either there, or inside the wicker trunk with the phones.

1 comment:

sara said...

I feel your pain with the morning glories. We have filled up our yard waste bin with them (and it's practically the size of a room)