Sunday, March 16, 2008

Little green nubby signs of spring.

Yesterday I noticed some slim purple tulip sprouts outside the window, and when the kids and I investigated, we found tulips, daffodils, and daylilies coming up. After a whole winter of waiting, spring is like a miracle every year: life! and look, over there, life *again*!





Random baking moment - this morning Peter and I ambitiously tried a new scone recipe that I picked up somewhere, with great success. For background - yesterday we made a recipe involving chicken, 40 cloves of garlic, wine, and a bit of heavy cream, so we had nearly a whole container left this morning, which was perfect for this particular scone recipe. (In fact, there was just enough left at the end to add to my coffee, which is a rare pleasure.) Unfortunately, somewhere in the transcribing of the recipe, a couple of essentials were omitted (having no one else at hand, I blame myself.) For instance - cook them for how long? At what temperature? Peter and I guessed wildly at 400 degrees and ten minutes, which turned to fifteen minutes, which turned to 425, which turned to about eighteen minutes, and rendered perfectly beautiful and very yummy scones.

2 comments:

Annette said...

The scones look yummy! And we have little green things poking through the dirt here too. Yay Spring!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.