Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Inaugural bike ride.




We had our first bike-to-school of the season, which coincided with Grace's first day of spring break. Peter had school, so Grace and I bopped around during those couple of hours and then got out the bikes and bike trailer to go fetch him. Three points worth noting: one, it is chilly out, and although *Grace* wore gloves and long sleeves, I did not and my hands got really, really cold. Two, all the exercise biking in the world, sadly, does not prepare you for schlepping your kid around in the bike trailer. Despite my semi-frequent running and fairly regular indoor biking this winter, I am not in real-life biking shape. Perhaps I am still in dissertation-writing shape. Finally, Peter was not so happy to be a passenger instead of a rider, and I predict that he'll be really, really excited to get his new big-boy birthday bike.

No comments: