Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Supah Tuesday

So we're part of the Super Tuesday primary frenzy, and it's kind of fun. The kids and I had a good talk about voting and why Mommy is voting for Barack Obama - I explained that he knew the war was a bad idea right from the beginning, and Grace said very seriously, "I knew that too. The first time I heard about it, I just knew that it was a bad idea." From the mouth of babes.






After taking Grace to school, I took Peter to vote with me - Mike went this morning on his way to work but I couldn't squeeze it in before getting Grace out the door. Peter was very reluctant to come until he had the bright idea of riding his bike. We're across the street from our polling place, so it seemed like a fine idea to me too. We went, we stood in line, the polling place volunteers cooed over him and gave him a voting sticker, we voted, which was a case study in multi-tasking, and then we came home. We're hoping Obama does well today; if he gets the Democratic nomination I'm going to buy a t-shirt for Peter like the one above, only in his size - I've wanted one since Obama became a senator, back when the teeny one would have fit my big kid.

No comments: