Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's still winter! Oh, joy.



So our usual Valentine's Day fun of chocolate yum in heart-shaped ramikins will likely have to wait until a later date, since I'm working tonight, although I did dig out the ramikins and the recipie in case Mike is struck with the urge to do slightly complicated dessert-making while juggling the kids. [And then I can put them away and not have to bother with them again for a year, those cute heart-shaped ramikins that get in my way while I'm looking for pasta in the cupboard!] Our Valentine's fun has included making 20 Valentines by hand for Grace's class (sweatshop style) and assembling 10 more for Peter's class, plus I'm planning to take chocolate to my students as a sort of consolation prize, although now that I think about it, the newly-married student whose wife's "aunt" just "died" requiring him to "miss class for the funeral" may have been clearing his schedule for dinner and a movie, or whatever the young marrieds do these days.




We've also been having some good, clean outdoor fun in the snow, although Peter keeps dragging his bike out and abandoning it in the snow, so after the childhood experience of multiple crushed trikes and the adult experience of one crushed trike, I'm a little obsessive about carrying the dang thing back into the garage.

Finally, the kitchen: why the hell should roasting vegetables require this many cutting boards and other assorted cookware?! Yet, oooohhhh... pretty colors!

No comments: