Sunday, May 27, 2007

Peonies





Technically only the red one is ours, but the huge bunch of white peonies are on the border between our yard and our neighbor's, so we enjoy watching them, too. (I'm trying to figure out a way to generously offer to split off some from their plants for myself! Still working on that.) Peter was really worried about the ants, until I talked to my dad to ask him whether I should relocate my few peonies to somewhere else in the yard. I asked, "What do peonies like?" meaning, sun, shade, soil type... and he said confidently, "Ants!" So now Peter and I talk a lot about how Papa said peonies love ants, and the ants won't hurt the peonies, and there's no need to worry. We have this conversation every day or two, and I think Peter's getting a new appreciation for ants.

No comments: