Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow day!












We have a snow day today! (Not pictured.)






It's been busy here, and I haven't posted any pictures or witty commentary from our delightful Thanksgiving, which was rich with grandparents and cousins. So in the spirit of that great scene in The Princess Bride where Indigo says, "Let me explain," and then pauses, overwhelmed by the task of describing recent events coherently, and then says, "Let me sum up," - well, let me sum up.






Halloween: fun! Parental trip to Montreal: good! Thanksgiving: very, very good. It was the first time we've had my side of the family all out to Nebraska and the kids did beautifully, the weather cooperated, and we polished off a 30lb turkey in record time. Lindsey and Elise are fabulous cousins and it was really joyful and noisy to have all the kids together in a herd. Peter's recent concert at school: quite nice. Today: snow day! School was cancelled last night for the kids, and I decided late in the day not to go in today since the roads are (as predicted) dicey. We're spending the day working-ish, napping, watching movies, and I took a brief run that was fun except for the driving snow. My knee is healing up very nicely (twice-weekly physical therapy is helping), and I'm expecting to slowly add mileage in the next couple of months and plan to run a half marathon in the early spring.






The kids are delighted by their first snow day of the year - we'd had only one small snow weeks ago, and now we are snow city, baby. We had great dinner guests last weekend (a dozen students and then friends of friends from Montana, on different nights) so the house is reasonably clean. It's finals week for me, so I'm really hoping the snow is plowed by tomorrow morning or I have to start negotiating with a bunch of students whose travel plans preclude later finals. I am looking foreward to the break, although I'm teaching a full load in spring plus an interterm class (my bad) so I won't get a ton of time off.
So: busy, winter, healthy, growing and stuff. That's our update.


































































No comments: