Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sometimes, Mama goes out of town.

Recently, I've been working on a project with some of my students. We're spending a couple of weeks reading articles and watching documentaries about tattoos, and then they're each going to conduct an interview with someone who has a tattoo with some religious or spiritual significance. Naturally, the kids have talked about this with me, and apparently have also listened intently.

Then this last weekend I was out of town for a conference, and Mike was Solo Parent. Now, Solo Parent cannot be expected to maintain the man-to-man coverage that Dual Parents have; Solo Parent does zone defense.
Sometimes, zone defense permits a certain... latitude. In this instance, the kids decided that Peter needed some tattoos. Luckily, they don't drive or have connections to good tattoo artists. Unluckily, I guess, they have markers.
These do not include the one on his butt, drawn (as were the others) by ever-helpful Big Sister. As I have told my students time and again as they contemplate their tattoo interviews: sometimes, people have images on private parts of their bodies. We do not take pictures of those.

















No comments: