Thursday, February 5, 2009

This - is a man with a plan.




For a couple of weeks, Peter has been excited about a plan at his preschool to make cool helmets out of old milk containers. I have to say, I was not prepared for it to turn out quite so... awesome. And fierce. Peter is full of guy noises lately - lots of random pretend gunfire/karate moves/vehicle noises. It's like living with my brother again, which is both heartening (because I like him, and he turned out well!) and amusing, because it seems to be deeply embedded in the Y chromosome. I was still a little nonplussed until I chatted with a buddy of Peter's from school recently, who showed me his Lego ship really proudly, and noted that "this is the place for the pilot. And this is a gun. And this, and this, and this, and this [rotates ship] and this and this and this is a gun. Those are all guns." So it turns out that both the nigh-obsessive interest and the accompanying soundtrack is part of the little guy lingua franca, and as far as I can tell it's part of the adult guy lingua franca as well. I refuse to blog on anybody's bodily noises, but rest assured that Peter is also fluent in that area of communication (both the various acts and the meta-conversation on those acts.) It's all good.











No comments: