Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Gracie and I voted this morning at her school - our polling place opens at 8:00, and it's here school, and school starts at 8:40, so I took her with me at 7:30 and we waited in line so I could vote before work. It felt big, and historic, and exciting. Fellow voters directed us to the proper line (two precincts vote there) and we directed our neighbor into our line when he arrived, and the mood was cheerful and calm. Grace was glad to be there, excited for election day, and keen on having a bagel and hot cocoa for breakfast while we waited.

I voted, it went smoothly, we walked around waiting for school to start, we had lots of discussion about the League of Women Voters guide I'd brought... it is an exciting and hopeful day and we'll spend the evening glued to the various screens in our house looking at election returns.

No comments: