Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mother's Day, upcoming

Peter told me today about the surprise that he's making in preschool, to be presented to me at the Mother's Day Tea his class is holding on Thursday. "It is a picture of you! And I drew a green hat on your head. And your hair is black and brown, because your hair, it is black and brown. And blue for your eyes. And you have a pink dress on, wif purple flowers, and a blue shirt. And rainbow shoes." I'm excited, to be honest! The tea is always kind of fun - one year a little girl in Grace's class got the call from her mother, who was absent because she was in labor, that the new baby had been born. The whole room waited in silence while she talked to her mother, and then her aunt turned to her and said expectantly, "So?" and the little girl yelled triumphantly, "A SISTER!" because after one younger brother she had put her orders in early in the pregnancy.

I'm going to drag Mike and the kids downtown at an ungodly hour on Mother's Day to run a 5K that's a breast cancer fundraiser - it's huge and we've seen other people running in in previous years. I'm not sure what our follow-up will be, because surely we'll need something to eat, but any kind of schmancy thing is probably out if I'm all disheveled. Maybe a bagel picnic?

My huge freaking declutter job for today is to sort through my desk and box and file the contents. Then we're moving the desk into the garage, so as to make more space in the living room, or something. We chose the realtor who was the most pragmatic and grim about our selling prospects, because she's also demonstrably the busiest of the various people we interviewed. Anyway, a cleaner house will surely be easier to sell, hence the desk moving plans. Maybe I'll post before and after pictures once I've dropped my sidekick off at school for the afternoon.

No comments: